Forum ChaOdisiaque

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

Annonce

Bienvenue sur le forum du Club ChaOdisiaque. Un maximum de news sur le jeu en général (JDR, MMORPG, Jeu vidéo, JOL, figurines etc...), des actualités concernant le WEB et le développement dans son ensemble. Des aides, astuces, outils pour vos jeux, vos créations web et un tas d'idées pour enrichir vos besoins ludiques. C'est un bon moyen de se tenir au courant des dernières sorties et surtout de trouver de l'aide à la création de site, de jeu et de site de jeu. Premier gros projet de l'association SierrElben... Faites parti de l'aventure...

Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /homepages/3/d164323095/htdocs/wsb4049021801/forum/viewtopic.php on line 496

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/3/d164323095/htdocs/wsb4049021801/forum/include/parser.php on line 443

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/3/d164323095/htdocs/wsb4049021801/forum/include/parser.php on line 444

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/3/d164323095/htdocs/wsb4049021801/forum/include/parser.php on line 428

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/3/d164323095/htdocs/wsb4049021801/forum/include/parser.php on line 428

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/3/d164323095/htdocs/wsb4049021801/forum/include/parser.php on line 501

Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /homepages/3/d164323095/htdocs/wsb4049021801/forum/include/functions.php on line 646

Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /homepages/3/d164323095/htdocs/wsb4049021801/forum/include/functions.php on line 647

Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /homepages/3/d164323095/htdocs/wsb4049021801/forum/include/functions.php on line 648

Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /homepages/3/d164323095/htdocs/wsb4049021801/forum/include/functions.php on line 656
10-08-2022 06:05:25

seestyle
ChaOdiz

ATLANTA ? No matter how much you think you know about base

ATLANTA  No matter how much you think you know about baseball, no matter how things look in the stats oreven through your own eyes, baseball has a habit of telling you to screw off.Baseball, in its most surprising way, told me to screw off Thursday in the Braves 8-5 comeback win on Opening Day against the Phillies. And Nick Markakis, in his own quiet way, told me to screw off,too.MORE: Nick Castellanos Jersey  First, the backstory.From the moment I saw the once-slugging but nowlight-hitting lefty batting fourth in the Atlanta lineup, I developed a bit of snark, which I transferredto Twitter onmore than one occasion.No Herrera and no Kingery in the Phillies lineup vs. the Braves. Meanwhile, Nick Markakis bats cleanup for Atlanta. For some reason.  Jason Foster (@ByJasonFoster) But that wasn'tme being mean, that wasme being logical and realistic. I mean, seriously:Nick Markakis has no place batting cleanup in any lineup, right?Maybe 10 years ago, but not now. Not with his best years behind him and not on a team that has plans to be competitive this season and, if everything breaks just right, mayeven be in the hunt for a wild card.The hard truth: By either counting stats or advanced ones, there is no case to be made for Markakis in the four hole. Yet, Braves manager Brian Snitker had him there Thursday for Opening Day, just as he had him there many times last season.It boggles the mind every time. And, trust me, this is not an uncommon sentiment.But, again, baseball doesnt care what any of us thinks about anything.MORE: In each one of Markakis first four underwhelming at-bats Thursday, I patted myself on the back for being so smart about baseball. I reveled in the Twitter snark as the Braves fell behind 5-0 against Trevor Bauer Jersey  the formidable Aaron Nola. The Braves looked dead just five innings into the season, their offense totally flat  and anchored by Nick Markakis at cleanup.Cleanup hitter Nick Markakis just hit a ball about 200 feet in the air but only about three feet in front of the plate. Again, cleanup hitter Nick Markakis. Jason Foster (@ByJasonFoster) But funny thing: The Braves chipped away at the lead, eventually tying the game in the eighth. Then, in the ninth with the winning run at second and two outs, the Phillies smartly walked Freddie Freeman. They did this because the next hitter was, you gue sed it, cleanup hitter Nick Markakis.Now, after my tweet about Markakis first-inning pop-up to the catcher, I almost tweeted that me picking on him would probably result in a walk-off homer. This is the type of thing we baseball writers say when we remember (again) that baseball is unpredictable and crazy. I didnt type the tweet then, but as Markakis came up in the ninth with a chance to be a hero, I did tweet this.Cleanup hitter Nick Markakis is gonna win the game here Tanner Roark Jersey , isn't he. Jason Foster (@ByJasonFoster) So, of course, this happened.. Tie ballgame. Bottom of the 9th.Take it away Nick!  Atlanta Braves (@Braves) Yes, thats Cleanup Hitter Nick Markakis hitting a walk-off homer  the first of his career against all odds, and against all logical predictions, and handing me  Barry Larkin Jersey and all his other doubters a tall gla s of shut the heck up.Because. Baseball. Doesn't. Care. What. We. Think."Screw off, Jason Foster."  BaseballThe Braves, on the other hand,think Nick Markakis is all right.Hes a guy that I trust every night. Hes gonna show up and give you everything he has, Snitker said of his right fielder. Hes been through the wars, and thats what makes him the pro that he is.MORE: Markakis is in his 13th season as a big-leaguer. Coming into this season, he had a career slash line of .288/.358/.422, more than 2,050 hits and 165 home runs. His career high in homers is 23, and that was back in 2007. His totals the past three seasons: 3, 13, 8  not the stuff of cleanup hitters. Or so conventional baseball wisdom goes.Baseball couldn't care le s about that wisdom. Ditto for Markakis, whos known both for his stoic approach to the game and his low-key, probably intentionally bland postgame interviews.The interview with Hero Markakis on Thursday went just as youd expect.What was his approach in that last at-bat, after the Phillies walked Freeman to get to him?Just doing my job, he said. Not trying to do too Drew Storen Jersey  much.Was he extra-hungry to come through after going 0-for-4 to that point?It only takes one at-bat, one pitch, he said. Thats the beauty of this game.Indeed.And no matter how much anyone doubts Markakis, his teammates dont seem to share the feeling.Every time Nick is up, I feel like hes gonna get a hit, Freeman said.  When youve got 2,000 hits, you kind of want to be up in that situation.Markakis might not even reach 10 homers this season, but that doesnt matter. He hit one Thursday that gave his team a win,and once again showed that we never know anything for sure in baseball  and baseball is always happy to remind us.Just count that among the reasons whyit's the greatest game in the world.

Pied de page des forums

© Copyright 2007 / 2010 - Forum ChaOdisiaque
Présenté et administré par l'équipe ChaOdisiaque - Club Passion Rôliste
LudiKreation - Forum developpé via FluxBB Traduction Fluxbb.fr