Forum ChaOdisiaque

Vous n'tes pas identifi.

Annonce

Bienvenue sur le forum du Club ChaOdisiaque. Un maximum de news sur le jeu en gnral (JDR, MMORPG, Jeu vido, JOL, figurines etc...), des actualits concernant le WEB et le dveloppement dans son ensemble. Des aides, astuces, outils pour vos jeux, vos crations web et un tas d'ides pour enrichir vos besoins ludiques. C'est un bon moyen de se tenir au courant des dernires sorties et surtout de trouver de l'aide la cration de site, de jeu et de site de jeu. Premier gros projet de l'association SierrElben... Faites parti de l'aventure...

#1 14-08-2018 11:14:41

chenyan94
ChaOdiz Vtran

How do you grow up and play

Shaquem Griffin came back. The crowd loved it.

Players in attendance not selected in the first two days of the NFL draft usually head out of town before the fourth through seventh rounds.

Griffin Hayden Hurst Ravens Jersey , who sat through 100 names being called in the first three rounds, wasn’t in AT&T Stadium on Saturday.

Then he was after Seattle spent the 141st overall selection on the Central Florida linebacker who has no left hand.

That fifth-round choice, announced in Seattle, drew loud cheers from fans at Jerry’s World.

Griffin, whose left hand was amputated when he was young, has become the feel-good story this year and one of the most popular players in this draft because of his perseverance, outgoing personality and, of course, his talent.

”I mean that was amazing,” Griffin said. ”To even have an opportunity to come back, I didn’t think I was going to be able to come back and do it … I don’t remember seeing too many people who have left and came back.

”That was the most amazing experience of my entire life. Me thinking about it, that moment, to be up on that stage and having the crowd go crazy, it was like we had won the Peach Bowl all over again. It was nuts.”

Griffin helped UCF go undefeated last season, then blew through the NFL combine with a 4.38 in the 40, sensational lifting work with his prosthetic, and a can-do attitude.

Exactly the sort of player the Seahawks seem to find; they drafted his twin brother, Shaquill, out of UCF last year.

”It’s been a really good experience,” Shaquem said. ”I would have been crazy to turn an experience down like this. I’m just glad I was one of the selected few to be here.”

Griffin had one of the more unusual ways of finding out he was chosen.

”I was using the restroom and my brother came and tackled me with my cellphone, saying `answer it Cheap Lamar Jackson Jersey , answer it,’ and I looked, and that’s when tears started pouring down,” Griffin explained.

”I literally went to use the restroom and that’s when my brother busted in and tackled me. I think I was more scared of him tackling me in the bathroom and not knowing what was happening than anything.”

Griffin received, by far, the biggest cheers of the day – louder even than when the Cowboys‘ selections were announced. And he made a promise: ”Great things are coming to Seattle.”

Griffin’s selection early in the fifth round enlivened a day in which most picks are relatively unknown or obscure players. Not all, though.

Michigan defensive tackle Maurice Hurst was taken one spot in front of Griffin by Oakland. The All-American would have gone much earlier, but a heart condition was discovered at the combine, dropping him far down draft boards.

He had 5 sacks as an interior rusher and led all nose tackles and defensive tackles with 49 total quarterback pressures, according to Pro Football Focus.

”It’s tough thinking that you’re one of the top players in the draft and having good tape and everything like that, just having to wait,” Hurst said. ”You believe you’re better than guys who go ahead of you is tough. I’m just happy to be in the right place and a great organization.”

As for his health, ”I’m ready to go right now.”

Another All-American, Iowa linebacker Josey Jewell, was taken by Denver at No. 106. He’s not considered quick, but he is active and seemed to be in on every tackle for the Hawkeyes.

”A lot of that is instincts. A lot of film watching for me,” he said. ”It really helped me because I did not run the fastest time ever, not even close. I had to be able to make up from somewhere else.”

Also:

-Michigan State extended its streak of having at least one player selected to 78 years when Brian Allen went to the Rams early in the fourth round. Only Michigan and USC have longer streaks, both extended to 80 years during the first two days of the draft.

-The Giants took the first quarterback of the third day, Richmond’s Kyle Lauletta at No. 109. The Giants passed on trying to get their quarterback of the future to replace Eli Manning in the first round, taking running back Saquon Barkley at No. 2 overall. Lauletta doesn’t have a big arm Rashaad Penny Seahawks Jersey , but he showed good athleticism and accuracy playing at the FCS school.

Other quarterbacks chosen: Western Kentucky’s Mike White to Dallas; Washington State’s Luke Falk to Tennessee; Nebraska’s Tanner Lee to Jacksonville; LSU’s Danny Etling to New England; Florida International’s Alex McGeough to Seattle; and Toledo’s Logan Woodside to Cincinnati.

-Dallas acquired wideout Tavon Austin from the Rams in a trade Saturday.

-Cleveland used a fourth-round pick, No. 105 overall, to take one of the draft’s most talented but troubled wide receivers: Florida’s Antonio Callaway. He had multiple suspensions while playing with the Gators, missing all of last season because of his part in a credit card fraud scheme.

When Callaway plays he is a deep threat receiver and dangerous return man, but he could be the next Josh Gordon, who has had many off-field issues and NFL suspensions with the Browns.

–Wisconsin tight end Troy Fumagalli, who is missing the index finger on his left hand, went to Denver in the fifth round.

-Three punters – yes, three – were taken in the fifth round.

Michael Dickson, the Australian from the University of Texas, was picked 149th overall by Seattle. Alabama’s JK Scott was drafted 172nd overall by Green Bay, a pick before Oakland took Johnny Townsend from Jason Witten mostly held it together while announcing he was retiring after 15 years with the Dallas Cowboys to go into TV.

One wavering moment came when the tight end turned to owner Jerry Jones on a stage in front of his family, teammates and club employees in what normally serves as the dining room in the team’s practice facility.

”The hardest part of this decision was knowing that I would never be able to hand you that Lombardi Trophy,” Witten said during his 15-minute speech Thursday. ”I told you back in 2006 that I would not let you down. I hope that in your eyes, I held up my end of the bargain.”

Just days away from turning 36, Witten is leaving to be the analyst for ESPN’s ”Monday Night Football” telecast, a move the network confirmed after Witten’s retirement announcement.

The decision by the franchise leader in games, catches and yards receiving is the same one friend and longtime teammate Tony Romo, the club passing leader in yards and touchdowns, made last year with CBS.

They joined the Cowboys together in 2003 – Witten a third-round pick out of Tennessee and Romo the undrafted quarterback three years from becoming the starter. They left without getting Dallas to an NFC championship game, and the Super Bowl drought for a franchise with five titles is at 23 years and counting.

”Jason has given so much to this team Jason Witten Jersey Womens , to this franchise. He emptied the bucket here,” Jones said, responding to a question about that missing Super Bowl after speeches by all three on stage: Witten, Jones and coach Jason Garrett.

”When I look at where we were with the great legacy of our fans that have had 56 years of being around some of the greatest people and names of players ever … to me, no one has ever given more of himself and no one has ever made any bigger impact.”

The circumstances for Witten and Romo were different. The Cowboys were anticipating a 16th season, which would have been a club record, from their 11-time Pro Bowl player. Romo had lost his job to Dak Prescott while injured and was deciding last offseason whether to play elsewhere.

As recently as two weeks ago, Witten suggested he might play until he was 40 and said he ”absolutely” was returning. He acknowledged the offer from ESPN changed things.

”In those moments, those other things didn’t exist,” said Witten, set to call the Cowboys’ home game against Tennessee on Nov. 5. ”I was certain when I went through it that I wanted the blessing of Jerry and his family, an opportunity I have to stay around the game.”

Dozens lined Witten’s walk from the entrance to the team’s headquarters, down some stairs and a long hallway to the dining room.

His retirement ceremony, with Prescott and star running back Ezekiel Elliott watching from the same row, came not far from a huge picture of Witten’s signature moment – a 2007 game when he ran nearly 30 yards and was tackled without a helmet after it was knocked off.

The Cowboys hung that picture over the entrance to their indoor practice field long before Witten pondered retirement. He spent two seasons walking under it.

”Whenever young kids come up to me and ask me, `How do you grow up and play for the Dallas Cowboys, and have that type of career?”’ Witten said. ”My answer was always the same, the secret is in the dirt. I was never the most talented, never the flashiest, I relied on grit.”

Witten was also known for durability, holding club records for consecutive games (235) and starts (179). He missed one game Billy Price Youth Jersey , the fifth of his rookie season because of a broken jaw, and returned 23 days after rupturing his spleen in a preseason game to play the 2012 opener.

With 1,152 catches for 12,448 yards, Witten joins Tony Gonzalez as the only NFL tight ends with at least 1,000 catches and 10,000 yards. His 15 seasons are tied for the most in Dallas with defensive end Ed ”Too Tall” Jones, safety Bill Bates and late offensive lineman Mark Tuinei.

”He’s one of the best and most complete tight ends ever to play this game,” Garrett said. ”The stats and the credentials speak for themselves. They don’t really begin to tell the story. Over the last 15 years, he’s played virtually every play.”

Witten is third on the Cowboys’ list with 68 touchdown catches. He trails Dez Bryant, released last month with 73 TDs, and Hall of Famer Bob Hayes (71).

Without Witten and Bryant, the Cowboys are missing their top two receivers from last year and essentially for the past six seasons. Among the tight ends left behind, only one has a catch in a regular-season game: Geoff Swaim with nine over three seasons.

The Cowboys are high on Blake Jarwin and hope that former Baylor basketball player Rico Gathers can develop after missing his entire second season with a concussion. Dallas drafted Stanford’s Dalton Schultz in the fourth round last week.

”There’s an old saying in pro football, the circus doesn’t stay in town forever,” Witten said. ”And when you’re young, I think it takes on a meaning that when your opportunity comes, grab it. I’ve decided that the time has come for me to pass the torch to the next generation of Dallas Cowboys.”

Pied de page des forums

© Copyright 2007 / 2010 - Forum ChaOdisiaque
Prsent et administr par l'quipe ChaOdisiaque - Club Passion Rliste
LudiKreation - Forum developp via FluxBB Traduction Fluxbb.fr