Forum ChaOdisiaque

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

Annonce

Bienvenue sur le forum du Club ChaOdisiaque. Un maximum de news sur le jeu en général (JDR, MMORPG, Jeu vidéo, JOL, figurines etc...), des actualités concernant le WEB et le développement dans son ensemble. Des aides, astuces, outils pour vos jeux, vos créations web et un tas d'idées pour enrichir vos besoins ludiques. C'est un bon moyen de se tenir au courant des dernières sorties et surtout de trouver de l'aide à la création de site, de jeu et de site de jeu. Premier gros projet de l'association SierrElben... Faites parti de l'aventure...

#1 10-08-2022 05:30:31

seestyle
ChaOdiz

The culture of the the professional sports locker room is di

The culture of the the profe sional sports locker room is dirty. It's vile. It's a place many try to tap into but few understand.There are no rules or regulations inside the locker room, just a code. But no matter how hard leagues and teams try to clean it up, it remains a "boys cub."Stu Woo, 27-year-old Chinese American reporter for the Wall Street Journal about an encounter he had in the New York Mets locker room on Monday.While conversing with  Shane Ray Jersey Jeff Cutler, a 30-year-old Japanese American who serves as the Willie Snead IV Jersey  translator for pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka, Dan Warthen, the Mets pitching coach, interrupted to apologize to Cutler for using a racially insensitive word towards the translator in a previous conversation.Cutler and I turned around. It was Dan Warthen, the Mets pitching coach.Im sorry I called you a Chinaman yesterday, Warthen told Cutler.Its OK, Cutler replied.I didnt mean to insinuate - I know youre not Chinese, Warthen said. He paused. I thought it was a pretty good joke, though.It was, Cutler said, with a small laugh.Warthen walked away.A few things. First, Cutler is Japanese American, not Chinese American. Secondly, insinuating that it was merely a joke doesn't clear Warthen of using a racially insensitive word. In fact, it may even make things worse.So what initially began as a private conversation between pitching coach and interpreter turned into a public affair because of Woo's presence. The reporter then attempted to reach out to the Mets media relations Justin Tucker Jersey  department, and was expected to discu s the matter with Warthen and Jay Horowitz, the team's president of media relations. But on the day of their meeting, Warthen declined comment and the team has not commented since.While many may see this as an insignificant event, it's yet another sign that not only is the locker room a cauldron of testosterone, unwritten rules and moral ambiguity, but an outdated one as well.Will this incident force major changes in profe sional sports' subculture? No, it probably won't. But continuing to shed light on situations like this will serve as a reminder NFL Baltimore Ravens Jersey  that changes need to be made.UPDATE: Warthen i sued a public apology on Wednesday night, :"I apologize for the thoughtle s remarks that I made yesterday in the clubhouse," Warthen' Jimmy Smith Jersey s statement read. "They were a poor attempt at humor, but were wrong and inappropriate in any setting. I am very sorry."General manager Sandy Alderson's statement read: "On behalf of the entire organization, I apologize for the insensitive remarks made by of one of our staff members. The remarks were offensive and inappropriate and the organization is very sorry."

Pied de page des forums

© Copyright 2007 / 2010 - Forum ChaOdisiaque
Présenté et administré par l'équipe ChaOdisiaque - Club Passion Rôliste
LudiKreation - Forum developpé via FluxBB Traduction Fluxbb.fr